The Search for ZeroWe live in a perfect society. Everyone is happy. No one experiences less than perfection.
In the search for zero there is no compromise, there is no loss, and there are only excellent outcomes and THERE IS NO BUDGET.
As physicians we are stuck between the Rock and the Hard Place—between overutilization and a malpractice lawsuit.
I want to deviate for a moment and take you back in history. The space shuttle program was started in 1971. Believe it or not there was a budget and a mission statement. In order to meet the mission statement the engineers had to pick a level of perfection. They chosRead More
FAQ: I am a physician who prescribes opioids. How can I protect myself from malpractice suits when patients are so desperate for pain relief? Answer: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends these four steps:
- Use prescription drug monitoring programs to identify patients who might be misusing prescription drugs.
- Use methadone or buprenorphine or other effective substitute treatments for those patients who have substance abuse problems.
- Discuss with patients the risks and benefits of pain treatment options, including ones that do not involve prescription painkillers.
- Follow best practices by scrRead More
- Positive Outlook – Nov 2016
- Positive Outlook - July 2016
- Positive Outlook - May 2016
- Positive Outlook - Jan 2016
- Positive Outlook – Sep 2015
- Positive Outlook – Jun 2015
- Positive Outlook – Feb 2015
- Positive Outlook – Nov 2014
- Positive Outlook – Aug 2014
- Positive Outlook – Feb 2014
- Positive Outlook – Nov 2013
- Positive Outlook – Jan 2013